For the purposes of this document “we” or “us” refers to Contis Financial Services Limited or a Contis group company or third party acting on its behalf.
Contis Financial Services Ltd and all Contis Group companies are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner. We adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 so we are licensed to hold information and must comply with the Act at all times.
What information we collect
We may request personal contact details and other details during sign up or any other time. You agree that we may take, store and pass these details onto other parties subject to the terms outlined in this policy.
These details include (but are not limited to):
• Contact details such as name, address, email and telephone number.
• Information collected to verify your identity including your date of birth.
• Other data we occasionally ask you to provide us with.
• You may be asked to provide a password to utilise some online services such as your account facility.
• Information about how you use the website including your operating system, internet browser, IP address (which identifies your computer on the internet) and other details about the navigation of the website.
We will not ask for personal information by insecure methods. When asking for personal information over the phone we will perform identity checks using information you have supplied or information only you may know.
Protecting your information
Your data is secured by encryption, firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology which manages the security of messages transmitted across the internet. When we receive your data, we store it on secure servers which can only be accessed by us. We store your passwords using one way encryption which means we do not know what your password is.
Like any other website we cannot guarantee it will be fault free and do not accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of your personal details.
Using your information
The information that you provide will be used for the purposes described in the terms and conditions of your relevant product and service. We will also use the information to enable us to review and improve products and services.
We will disclose your information to:
• Fraud prevention, identity verification and other organisations for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering.
• Our group companies, third party service providers and agents in order to provide the products and services.
• Other third parties, with your agreement, whose products and services may be of interest to you.
If we transfer your information to third parties outside of the European Union we will take steps to ensure that the third party agrees to apply the same levels of protection that apply in the UK.
Accessing your information
At any time you may request we provide you with all the information we hold about you except for your password and PIN (which we cannot access). You can contact us to request this information using the ‘Contacting us’ details at the bottom of this policy. There will be an administration charge of £10 for providing this information. The data may be provided in printed or electronic format but we will not email this information.
Our usage of cookies
If you disable cookies then you may not be able to access our website and you will not be able to access your account. For further information on how cookies work and can be managed, a guide can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Any changes we make to our policy will be put on the website. Please check for updates from time to time.